Re: Euro mess (Was: valid locales ---> was bilingual websites

Martin, Chris,

OK, it took me a while to understand why I keep getting messages making
points about *ML and the Euro.
(Yes, I know the Euro is supported in HTML and XML.)

If you only look at the subject of this thread, it seems we are talking
about websites and therefore the conclusion that the thread is
discussing *ML makes sense. I assume that is why the idea that
"documents" means "*ML" keeps coming up.

However, this was a thread about locales, which spun off to the Euro,
and the discussion was not restricted to just websites, although way
back when it must have originated that way.

Also, the second set of comments below attributed to me, are not in fact
my comments.

tex

Martin Duerst wrote:

> Tex - HTML works just the same way as XML.   Regards,   Martin.
>
> At 13:17 01/11/07 -0500, Tex Texin wrote:
>
> >You are a bit ahead of the game. For most of us, not all documents are
> >XML documents. Yet. ;-)

> > > You can use the Euro in any XML page regardless of the encoding (8859-1,
> > > utf-8, us-ascii, anything-you-want) used to encode that document.

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the
one I've never tried before."- -Mae West