Re: [i18n-prog] RE: WE8DEC

Same opinion here.

Bob - ex I18N guy at Oracle.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Timothy Greenwood
  To: 'Barry Caplan' ; John Cowan ; A. Vine
  Cc: www-international@w3c.org ; I18n Prog List
  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 4:26 PM
  Subject: [i18n-prog] RE: WE8DEC

  I would be 98% certain that WE8DEC is the old DEC MCS. Someone from Oracle
  coud give you 100%. DEC MCS was a precursor to 8859/1. It was developed in
  1982 and introduced on the Rainbow and Profession PCs and also the VT200
  series terminals. It was almost a subset of 8859/1, the latter filled in 15
  spoaces reserved for future standardization and replaced 5 low use
  characters.

  Tim - ex I18N guy at DEC.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor