Re: WE8DEC

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 23:47:12 -0500 (EST)
To: "A. Vine" <andrea.vine@sun.com>
CC: www-international@w3c.org, I18n Prog List <i18n-prog@yahoogroups.com>
A. Vine scripsit:

> Sorry for the spam, but I'm looking for information on WE8DEC, like a chart or
> character map and maybe some usage information.

Sounds like the DEC Multinational character set, an ancestor of 8859-1.
There's a character map available at Mark Leisher's site:
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/csets.html

> Or maybe it's not a charset, but just plays one on screen?

If it is what I think, it was used by internationalized VT220 terminals.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,