RE: bilingual websites

From: Yves Arrouye <yves@realnames.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:39:43 -0800
To: "'Williams Christopher GT/IT'" <ChristopherWilliams@gwynedd.gov.uk>, Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>, www-international@w3.org
> >Are you sure the 'Accept-Language' for IE isn't chosen from the
> >Regional Settings (in Control Panel)? At least when I installed
> >the US version of IE 6 on my Norwegian version of Windows 98, the
> >'Accept-Language' header was still Norwegian (though that *may*
> >have been because I had manually edited it in IE 5).

It is not obtained from Regional Settings. It is obtained from an
IE-specific setting located in Options > Languages... Note that with IE6,
the script runonce.asp that is ran whenever you update Windows (IE) will ask
you for a country and a language, and set the setting. I do not know what
happens when you select a country and language that makes up an invalid
locale (e.g. United States, Chinese).

YA