From: Carl W. Brown [mailto:cbrown@xnetinc.com]
Sent: 29 October 2001 17:35
To: www-international@w3.org
Subject: RE: bilingual websites

Chris,

I don't know that processing the HTTP Accept-Language value will buy you
much.  I think your http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/ bi-lingual home page adds
to this site by making a bi-lingual statement that will put both Welsh
and English readers at ease in that the site will provide a comfortable
environment for them.  An automatic system will probably use the default
settings that come with the browser which is usually English.  Directing
a Welsh speaker to an English home page even if they can switch to Welsh
is probably not a good idea.

I like it the way it is.

Carl