From: Carl W. Brown [mailto:cbrown@xnetinc.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 9:35 AM
To: www-international@w3.org
Subject: RE: bilingual websites

Chris,

I don't know that processing the HTTP Accept-Language value will buy you
much.  I think your http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/ <http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/>
bi-lingual home page adds to this site by making a bi-lingual statement that
will put both Welsh and English readers at ease in that the site will
provide a comfortable environment for them.  An automatic system will
probably use the default settings that come with the browser which is
usually English.  Directing a Welsh speaker to an English home page even if
they can switch to Welsh is probably not a good idea.

I like it the way it is.

Carl