RE: Windows 1252 Mapping Tables (was: Servlet question

Yes. The idea is that if Microsoft published the undefined 125x
character mappings, one might infer that such undefined characters are
actually defined. Maybe a better way to document it would be to say that
an undefined codepoint maps to itself for the purpose of roundtripping
through Unicode. Conceivably, undefined codepoints may be defined in the
future for exceedingly important special characters, e.g., the Euro,
which prompted the last additions to the 125x code pages in June, 1998.
My guess is that this is highly unlikely though, since current Microsoft
OSs and products are firmly based on Unicode. Note that Mark Davis and
colleagues have done extensive testing on Windows code-page mappings as
well as on those on other systems. You might want to contact him
privately for more info. You can see Microsoft's defined mappings at
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/WinCP.asp.

Thanks
Murray