Re: utf-8 Locale support on Solaris and Linux

From: by way of Martin Duerst <is@mpkmail.eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:56:25 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Yes, all Solaris Unicode/UTF-8 locales' wide character representation is in
UTF-32 encoding. Since our wchar_t is a 4-octet entity, it was rather a
natural choice for us.

With regards,

Ienup

]
]
] "Carl W. Brown" wrote:
] >
] > On Solaris the wide
] > character implementation is not Unicode.
] >
]
] Correction - on Solaris the wide character implementation depends on the
] locale.  It is Unicode in a locale with a default charset which is a
] Unicode
] encoding.
]
] If you mean it is not UTF-16, I cannot remember.  I have copied someone who
] can
] clarify the wide character implementation in Solaris.
]
] Regards,
] Andrea