Re: utf-8 Locale support on Solaris and Linux

From: A. Vine <avine@eng.sun.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:17:24 -0700
To: "Carl W. Brown" <cbrown@xnetinc.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org, ienup.sung@sun.com

"Carl W. Brown" wrote:

> On Solaris the wide
> character implementation is not Unicode.

Correction - on Solaris the wide character implementation depends on the
locale.  It is Unicode in a locale with a default charset which is a Unicode
encoding.

If you mean it is not UTF-16, I cannot remember.  I have copied someone who can
clarify the wide character implementation in Solaris.

Regards,
Andrea