RE: ISO-8859-1

In HTML and XML, character encoding forms and character set (= Unicode) are
decoupled.
As a result, in any character encoding form, it is always possible to access
the whole range of Unicode characters.

For instance, with iso-8859-1 encoding form, I can encode any Unicode
character by using NCR like ス for the Japanese character ?.

François