hi all,

I do get the point and am definitely differentiating between character sets and encoding however the core of the problem is dealing with the character set.  The basic idea is to convert a piece of text from any format like ISO 9959-1 or Cp1257 or what ever to UTF-7; just to ensure that all the data is not lost in case the recipient device only has the capability to display the data in UTF-7 format.  As far as the 7-bit encoding or base64 or quoted printable encoding is concerned that is being taken care of.  The restaraint is that this has to done in java and I cannot find a CharToByteUTF7 or ByteToCharUTF7 in there.

regards,

Khurram

Best Regards,
Khurram Ilyas Chaudhry