RE: Multi-Language Support

From: Paul Deuter <Paul.Deuter@plumtree.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:28:34 -0700
To: "Baskara Ganesan N" <banatara@cisco.com>, <www-international@w3.org>
The default character set for XML is UTF-8.  Since
UTF-8 encodes all the Unicode characters, you can
have text in all the languages whose characters are
included in Unicode - which is lots.

If you look at Michael Kaplan's website www.trigeminal.com
you will see an example of a page that contains a
sentence in many different languages and that page is
encoded in UTF-8.

-Paul

Paul Deuter
Internationalization Manager