XHTML 1.1 Ruby support

From: P. Lin <pl@gmpworldwidewriting.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:39:54 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
I was wondering if anyone would know when the latest XHTML 1.1 ruby
annotation standard (which enables two ruby texts to be associated with a
base text) will be implemented in Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, or
other commonly-used web browsers / editors?  I have been using the current
ruby support (one ruby text) in Internet Explorer with CJK text and it is
very handy, but it would be really great if the new standard with two ruby
texts would be supported.

Also, would anyone know when the W3C Amaya browser/editor would start
supporting Unicode (it supports XHTML 1.1 ruby already)?

Thanks in advance,
Ping Lin