Re: International business communications and Unicode

From: Tex Texin <texin@progress.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:52:32 -0400
To: Thierry Sourbier <webmaster@i18ngurus.com>
CC: www-international@w3.org
Quoting John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> and Andrew Cunningham.

Thierry Sourbier wrote:
> Unicode is a part of the solution not the problem.

Absolutely!

Right now, I would be happy if most browsers and servers labeled
their http messages with charset, so I could properly ascertain
their content. It's a mess today and is creating problems for the
future since the data will live on...

If everything were Unicode I wouldn't have this worry.

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655