Re: UTF-7 and java

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:33:53 -0400
To: Khurram Ilyas <kilyas@hotmail.com>
CC: www-international@w3.org
Khurram Ilyas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was facing a problem while dealing with the i18n issues in regard to
> UTF-7. I was working on conversion to and from UTF-7 character set using
> java. However it seems that UTF-7 is not one of the supported encodings
> for java.

UTF-7 is a silly charset that has no real reason to exist any more.

> In case you have any advice as to how to deal with the issue please let
> me know.

There are conversion programs (in C, should be simple to translate
to Java) at http://www.unicode.org/Public/PROGRAMS/CVTUTF/ .
--
Not to perambulate             || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    the corridors               || http://www.reutershealth.com