Business Case for i18n?

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:59:00 -0400
To: www-international@w3.org

From time to time I get the opportunity to answer questions like "Why mark
stuff as in Maori?  Almost nobody can read it, anyway."

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2001AprJun/thread.html#709

In a rapid glance over the Internationalization home page at W3C I found
lots on 'how' to internationalize the Web but I didn't instantly stumble on
the story 'why' that I could cite.

Some brief and pungent explanation of how "Without i18n, we can just drop
the first two W's in WWW" would be handy for those of us conversing with
those who don't have the intercultural experience to "get it" without a
little light explanation.

Al