Re: Use of charset name CNS11643

At 14:47 01/06/08 -0700, Yung-Fong Tang wrote:

>I think netscape use "x-euc-tw" instead of "euc-tw" . I don't think we use
>"cns11643"

Hello Yung-Fong,

I think it would be very good if somebody registered 'euc-tw' with IANA
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets). Using x-... is a bad
idea. Registration is almost as easy as writing an email. Do you think
somebody from Netscape could do it? Please note that IANA is not
a government body, and will register it on technical grounds only.

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: Can you point me to a table of the 'charset's and aliases that
Netscape/Mozilla is supporting?