RE: Unicode in HTTP streams

Hallo.

Paul Deuter wrote:
> Rather it seems to me that what is needed is an new HTTP encoding that
> explicitly indicates a Unicode codepoint analogous to the
> &#xHHHH; format that what invented for this very purpose for HTML.
> In my investigations, I have already seen that some user agents
> will encode Unicode using the %uHHHH format.

How about Unicode values having more than 4 digits?

One possibility is of course using UTF-16, so that high codes become a
couple of surrogates.

But, as you are proposing a new format, wouldn't it be the case of adding a
terminator character, similar to the ";" in HTML, so that the number of
digits may be variable?

_ Marco Cimarosti