CSS2: Non pre-defined list-style-type numbers

From: Yves <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:37:13 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Hi,

I'm trying to generate localized numbered items using the list-item
property of CSS.
I need to have Thai digits instead of Western. I see how I could use the
list-style-type property for this, but there is no pre-defined value for
Thai (nor for any non-Western decimal digits actually). There are only
variations on Japanese, Armenian Georgian, etc. and it works great with
those (under Nescape 6 at least).

Is there in CSS a mechanism that would allow to use "decimal", but select a
different type of decimal than Western digits? (maybe something similar to
the 'format' property of the <number/> element in XSL)?
Something with marker maybe? (but it seems limited to specifying images for
example, not start character for a sequence).

Thanks
-yves