Encoding special characters between XML tags

From: Joe McErlean <joe_mcerlean@amacis.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:58:10 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Hi, hopefully someone can help me

Is there a list anywhere of all the special characters that have to be
encoded along with their code for the entire character set?  The browser
cannot interpret the xml file unless the following characters have been
encoded.

&#60;		<
&#62;		>
&#39;		'
&#34;		"
&#38;		&

I have discovered the browser cannot interpret the following two characters
and there is no doubt a lot more characters out there which unless encoded
cannot be interpreted:
$Bc{(B
If such a list exists for the entire character set, I would be very grateful
if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks Joe