International Currency precision standards

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart@gol.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:15:09 +0900
To: <www-international@w3.org>
 I have written down here 15 figures on the left and 5 on right of the
decimal point for the required precision of currency calculations. Does
anyone know where this comes from? Someone mentioned to me that it was from
an ISO currency standard but did not have any other reference.

Also, is this large enough precision for all reasonable business currency
transactions?

Many thanks!