Re: Clarify `UTF-8'

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:33:53 +0900
To: TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org, www-international@w3.org
Everybody on the w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org list:

Please note that starting with this message, I'm cross-posting
the www-international@w3.org list for i18n-related issues.
This will make it easier to have a common discussion on the
issues. Please also cross-post this list.

At 00/07/10 16:12 +0900, TAMURA Kent wrote:

>In message "Re: Clarify `UTF-8'"
>     on 00/07/07, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org> writes:
> > I'm plodding through email in my inbox for the next version and unless you
> > can provide a standard reference for UTF-8N we'll continue using the UTF-8
> > reference in the context of the XML specification that Boyer pointed out.
>
>I asked some Unicode people about standardization of UTF-8N.
>But anyone did not know about it.  We should use the name
>'UTF-8' in the specification but I hope adding short note about
>no-BOM to the specification.

Yes, please explicitly note that wherever 'UTF-8' is used in
the spec, this doesn't include a BOM.

Regards,   Martin.