[Moderator Action] Question about password fied.

From: Junya Ishihara <jishiha@anet.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:22:11 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Hello,

I am I18N engineer testing a product readiness for multi byte
language.
My question is that "Should password field allow the multi byte
to be input or restrict?".

We Japanese usually use only single byte character(alphabet or number)
as password.
Our product currently allow multi byte to be input in some password
field.
Will it be a cause of some problems?

Regarding use of only single byte character as password, how about in other
Asian countries?

Junya Ishihara