Re: Accept-Language and q values

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:35:09 +0100 (MET)
To: manuel.carrasco@emea.eudra.org (Carrasco Benitez Manuel)
Cc: www-international@w3.org, christw@microsoft.com, olin@worldpoint.com, erik@netscape.com

>I was told that Apache could returns the variant list though I have not
>tested it.

For normal browsers (that don't use TCN), if I recall correctly,
Apache will return the variant list as part of a 'none acceptable'
HTTP error response, if

 1) content negotiation is switched on for that URL, so that there
    are (presumably) multiple things to choose from, and
 2) none of the available choices are acceptable according to the
    accept-* headers in the request.

>Regards
>Tomas

Koen.