RE: Transliterating Korean to English

From: Carrasco Benitez Manuel <manuel.carrasco@emea.eudra.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:05:34 -0000
To: www-international@w3.org
> working on transliterating project.
> Since I don't have any knowledge on unicode, could you please point me to
> good references?

[Carrasco]
Another aspect of transliteration is how to tag a document as for instance:

 "korean transliterated using the FooMethod"

Where:
 - "transliteration" means "conversion";
    i.e, transliteration, transcription or any other similar language
transformation.

 - FooMethod is an imaginary conversion method. It implies the target
   language(s); for example, FooMethod could be for a conversion from
   Korean to Spanish. Note that there could be other coversion methods
   for Korean/Spanish.

At present, there is no standard mechanism to tag conversions. The
followings
could be considered:

 - Extend (without breaking) RFC-1766.
   For example. LANG="en-c-FooMethod";
   i.e., "English converted using the FooMethod".

 - A new mechanism .

Regards
Tomas