Globalization for disabilities

From: Suzanne Topping <stopping@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:00:19 -0500
To: "Unicode List" <unicode@unicode.org>, "nelocsig" <nelocsig@egroups.com>, "www" <www-international@w3.org>, <girish.prabhu@kodak.com>
Hello all,

A few months ago, I raised the issue of the next generation of software
internationalization, meaning that functionality and feature access would be
"componentized" so that it was modifiable during localization.

I have been asked to do some research on whether anyone out there is
expanding the concept of globalization to include support for people with
disabilities. Sometime recently there was a discussion on the Unicode list
about Braille, and so I am hoping that some list members may be dealing with
these issues.

Any referrals to experts or to available resources on this topic would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)
28 Ericsson Street
Rochester, New York, 14610-1705
USA
Phone: 716-473-0791
Fax: 716-231-2013
Email: stopping@rochester.rr.com

(Send me an email to join the North East Localization Special Interest
Group, an email distribution list which acts as a discussion forum for
localization issues.)