International Keyboards

From: <jeff.hickey@edwardjones.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:13:39 -0500
To: www-international@w3.org
I trust this is a reasonable question for this mailing list.

(1) Microsoft's MSDN web site graphically depicts a Canadian Multilingual and French Canadian keyboard.

   msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/books/devintl/S25B8_f.HTM     1) CANADIAN MULTILINGUAL
   msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/books/devintl/S25B8_m1.HTM    2) FRENCH CANADIAN

The Quebec government recommends a keyboard which Microsoft calls "Canadian Multilingual".  See site:

   www.olf.gouv.qc.ca/images/clavier.gif

Is there a international standards body which sets "industry standards" for computer keyboards?  E.g.; Canadian Multilingual, French Canadian, US, US-International, etc.

(2) Other than Microsoft, I've found one additional site which graphically depicts various international keyboards.   Are there others?

   www.simpletechnology.com/keytronic

(3) In Quebec's private sector, which keyboard is preferred?  French Canadian or Canadian Multilingual?  (Here again, I'm referencing Microsoft's site as my point of reference.)

Jeff Hickey
St. Louis, MO
314-515-4453