From: Suzanne Topping [mailto:stopping@rochester.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 10:26 AM
To: www; i18n; Unicode List; nelocsig
Subject: Multilingual Web Site Architecture

I received the following question, based on comments that I sent
to a machine translation email list regarding web site localization research
I am conducting.

Does anyone know if any work has been done in this area? Are there
repositories of templates or models?

Thank you.

>What I am working on now is to define an ARCHITECTURE for multilingual
>web sites. These sites will be designed for different purposes:
>informational, e-commerce, information retrieval and extraction, etc.
>Do you have please any information about multilingual web sites
>architectures ? Generic models, examples, articles, companies
>proposing such architectures, etc.

--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)
28 Ericsson Street
Rochester, New York, 14610-1705
USA
Phone: 716-473-0791
Fax: 716-231-2013
Email: stopping@rochester.rr.com

(Send me an email to join the North East Localization Special Interest
Group, an email distribution list which acts as a discussion forum for
localization issues.)