AddCharset patch for Apache

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:37:37 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Here is something that I think wasn't yet mentioned on this page,
but is very convenient for internationalized servers:

[from http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset.html,
which I just updated].

   How to make the server send out appropriate 'charset' information
   depends on the server. For [8]Apache, this can be done via the
   [9]AddType directive. In this case, both the MIME type (e.g.
   text/html) and the 'charset' have to be indicated in the same
   directive. It is often more convenient to add these two things
   separately; a [10]patch for Apache makes this possible with a new
   [11]AddCharset directive. [if you know how to do this configuration on
   some other server, please [12]tell me, so that I can add it here].

   8. http://www.apache.org/
   9. http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype
  10. http://www.isoternet.org/~y-koga/Apache/
  11. http://www.isoternet.org/~y-koga/Apache/AddCharset.man.html
  12. mailto:duerst@w3.org

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org