Re: Language (in)dependent hyphenation properties

For German, it is not an acceptable fall back to insert spaces between
letters for a narrow column. A significant portion of readers will
understand this to be *emphasized* text. This is true, even though this
form of emphasis is based on usage in Fraktur and typewritten style. It's
common enough still to affect the reader's perception.

A./