RE> pronunciation vs. transliteration

From: Mike Brenner <mfb@spectre.mitre.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 07:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-international@w3.org
These last few posts have made me do a lot of thinking. First,
we contrasted how various people might pronounce something
versus how they might transliterate it. The pronunciation
would be nice to render because of automatic speaking computers.

Now we have how various people might translate it versus what
it means.

Albert > I think a translation could be something like "I beg of you",
       > but the best rendering may depend on context.

Absolutely, onegai shimasu out of context would not have any of
its meaning in context: Good Mo-o-o-orning Mrs. McGuillicutty.