RE: euro entity

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:00:12 -0700
To: "M.T. Carrasco Benitez" <carrasco@dragoman.org>
Cc: W3 I18N <www-international@w3.org>
IE 5.0 does.

-----Original Message-----
From: erik@netscape.com [mailto:erik@netscape.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 9:53 AM
To: M.T. Carrasco Benitez
Cc: W3 I18N
Subject: Re: euro entity

Netscape has supported the &euro; since Navigator/Communicator 4.06.
However, the user must obtain appropriate fonts separately. We map
&euro; to whatever codepoints have been chosen by Microsoft and Apple
for their character encodings. The Unix vendors have not really come up
with a coherent plan, as far as I know. (Please correct me if I'm
wrong.)

Erik