Official name for CNS11643

From: A. Vine <avine@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:55:25 -0700
To: www international <www-international@w3.org>
All,

I have been looking to find the name recognized by HTML/HTTP as the official
name for CNS11643, the Traditional Chinese National Standard character set.  I
would like to produce HTML pages with forms in CNS11643, and I need to make sure
at least Netscape and IE can interpret them correctly.  I haven't found an IANA
listing for the name, and the Netscape listing I found was X-EUC-TW, which is by
definition a proprietary name.

Java uses CNS11643 or EUC_TW (depends on whether you're looking at IBM's or
Sun's doc).

Thanks for any help,
Andrea Vine
Sun Internet Mail Server i18n