Re: charset and language of C strings?

Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm trying to convert from a stored string with known format (both
> language and charset known) to a C string in an application.  I've got
> to be able to identify what charset and language is expected by the C
> programming environment, not by the text which I have.

There are many "C programming environments". For example, if you have a Greek
string, you probably want to use CP1253 on Greek Windows 95, but you want to
use ISO 8859-7 on Unix, and MacGreek on Mac. Which "C programming environment"
are you targetting? setlocale will work for Unix, but not the others.

Erik