Re: unicode

From: Yung-Fong Tang <ftang@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 14:33:54 -0700
To: Erik van der Poel <erik@netscape.com>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, Jason Pouflis <pouflis@eisa.net.au>, Aman Choudhary <aman@asu.edu>, www-international@w3.org
Sorry, I miss the early discussion- but the answer Erik give is already
published in my Unicode paper for a long time (back to March 97- more than 14
monthes already) - the on-line copy could be found at
http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode10paper/t005.html
and
http://people.netscape.com/ftang/paper/unicode10paper/t006.html
and please don't say Netscape have not answer that question.

Erik van der Poel wrote:

> Larry Masinter wrote:
> >
> > # I believe NCRs are illegal in form submissions. Form submissions are
> > # plain text, not HTML.
> >
> > Form submission, if used with ENCTYPE=multipart/form-data, can be in any
> > format that you want, including ACCEPT=text/html.
>
> Good catch. I should have added this info.
>
> So I'll restate my statement:
>
> NCRs are illegal in form submissions of type
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
>
> > Of course, the browsers have to accomodate it.

Larry, do you want to change the Mozilla source to make that working ? You are
welcome to submit that patch to me.