Re: Arabisation and character sets

From: Jerzy Karczmarczuk <karczma@info.unicaen.fr>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:09:57 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-international@w3.org
Ahmed Salam advertises:

> Sindbad supports also  iso-8859-6 charset with up to 10 Arabic code pages.

Now, as a person who doesn't know Arabic (yet), but loves experiences,
the first thing I did was to import Sindbad and to install it on
Windows NT with Communicator.

Everything standard Western, francized whenever possible.

Does anybody has some positive experience with Sindbad in such
a context?

The installation of the plug-in corrupted my Netscape and I had to
reload it (which was difficult because I had no more Netscape to
import it from their download sites...). The Communicator reported
initialisation errors.

Could I do something wrong? (I could, with my fat fingers...), but

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
University of Caen, Normandy, France.