RE: Transliteration

From: Carrasco Benitez Manuel <manuel.carrasco@emea.eudra.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:52:49 -0000
To: "'Iain.URQUHART@lux.dg13.cec.be'" <Iain.URQUHART@lux.dg13.cec.be>
Cc: www-international@w3.org, "'eem@elot.gr'" <eem@elot.gr>, "'Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk'" <Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk>
Assuming that the transliteration scheme is needed.  Could it be
consider:

 <transliteration indicator>-<Source language>-<Target language |
transliteration scheme (not 2 chars)>

example case 1
  t-ru-en

  where:
   t     : transliteration indicator.
   ru   : language code ISO 639 for Source language (Russian in this
case).
   en  : language code ISO 639 for Target language (English in this
case).

example case 2
  t-ru-sss

  where:
   t     : transliteration indicator.
   ru   : language code ISO 639 for Source language (Russian in this
case).
   sss : transliteration code (not 2 characters) that contains the
Target language
           and the transliteration scheme.  (Question: Any nomenclature
for
           transliteration scheme ?)

Regards
Tomas