Unnecessary redraws with Content-Language

From: Reinier van Kleij <rklei@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 19:37:35 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Dear colleagues,

we have been testing some of the META elements for internationalisation
purposes. We suspect that the Content-Language tag causes unnecessary
redraws of the page by various browsers (Netscape and IE): the page is
first downloaded and rendered according to the default language and then it
is redrawn to render it correctly for the language indicated by the
Content-Language tag.

Could somebody (browser hackers!) confirm this suspicion?

Regards,

Reinier van Kleij

| Dr. Ir. Reinier van Kleij            |
| Technical Director                   |
| Exol SpA, Advanced Internet Projects |
| Viale Regina Elena 20                |
| 09125 Cagliari                       |
| Italy                                |
| Tel:   +39 70 6013 322 (office)      |
|        +39 336 813 652 (mobile)      |
| Fax:   +39 70 6013 237               |
| Email: rklei@acm.org                 |
| WWW:   http://reinier.vol.it/        |