Re: Euro currency sign

On Oct 24,  2:23pm, Claus André Färber wrote:

> Michael Everson <everson@indigo.ie> schrieb:
> >
> > Can the specifications of the current ISO standard handle the 52000 long
> > count of the Maya?
>
> No. I believe it is intended for Gregorian dates only. (Oh oh... what
> happens if someone writes 1997-12-09, but means the date in the JULIAN
> calender?)

Worse, what happens if someone writes 1760-12-09 which was after
England adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1752 but before Scotland did?
(The Gregorian calendar was declared by the pope in 1582). I believe
Russia adopted it in 1917.

Presumably the ISO date is defined to use the Gregorian calendar and
presumably it is defined to use UTC1. So there is no ambiguity, but
dates in attributes may look different from dates in running text
by up to 14 days or so.