5 Digit Dates (was RE: Euro currency sign)

I concur with David especially when you expand the scope of dates to
include that used by applications (not just the system date). I've
worked on software that had to operate on dates in the middle of the
next millenium (related to nuclear facility management) and way beyond
(astronomy software for predicting eclipses and unusual alignments).
It's a royal pain when the system software doesn't handle this.

John