Re: Three new I-Ds re. URL i18n

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@eps.inso.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:15:19 -0400
To: mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch
CC: www-international@w3.org
I do not agree with the methodology in the query paper, nor that the
current application convention works.

Currently, use of frames can lead to many, many failure cases (for
example, one frame is in SJIS, but the frame content for the search
form is in ASCII, which would lead to ISO 2022-JP being sent back).

Rather than Query-UTF8, I would like to see, as I suggested a long
time ago, a generic feild added. Somemthing like:

   Query-Encoding: utf8
   Query-Encoding: shift-jis

is preferrable to Query-UTF8.

Ideally, URL's should never contain queries anyway.