Accept-Language Support

From: <gwm@austin.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:41:26 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-international@w3.org
Cc: joe.ross@tivoli.com
We have several questions concerning Accept-Language as described in
rfc2068:

Are there any browsers which already send an Accept-Language header
based on the user's language?

Assuming that the browser does this, what should the server do
with this?

Does there have to be a script on the server to find the HTML files
in the right language?

Once the HTML file in the right language is found, can the URLs
within that HTML file just point to other HTML files and have
the correct language selected? That is, can we have URLs without
language codes in them and have HTML files retrieved in the language
required by the user?

Has anyone implemented a dynamic multilingual web site which does not
require the user to explicitly indicate the language as part of the URL?

   Gary W. Miller              Internet - gwm@austin.ibm.com
   IBM JTMS/903 ZIP 9374       X/Open   - g.miller@xopen.co.uk
   11400 Burnet Road           VNET     - AUSTIN(GWM) / GWM at AUSTIN
   Austin, Texas 78758         SENDFILE - GWM at AUSVM6
   Phone: (512) 838-8297       Fax:	(512) 838-2611