Re: oops: Natural language marking in HTML

From: M.T. Carrasco Benitez <carrasco@innet.lu>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 11:48:59 +0100 (MET)
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
cc: www-international@w3.org
> What I meant to say (besides quoting Lee's example) is that
> such examples convince me that trying to be objective about
> Content-Language isn't really useful or realistic. There
> are so many odd special cases that you can't write enough
> explicit rules to cover all of the cases.

Content-Language is useful and realistic and the only explicit rule
needed is:

 "The doc contain texts in the languages expressed in this field."

The percentage is secondary.  The author of the doc decides which are the
languages in the Content-Language.  If the author wants to mislead the
reader, it is his business.

Tomas