Re: Sync languages - HTML

From: Bert Bos <bert@www10.w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:06:05 +0100
To: www-international@www10.w3.org
M.T. Carrasco Benitez wrote:
> If NAME or ID are used, it should be clear which NAME and ID are
> Sync Marks.
>
> Chris Lilley wrote:
> > One option is to use
> >
> > LINK REL=translation TITLE="Egalement disponible en Franšais"
>
> There should be a posibility to place all Relations in a Header
> doc, by
> opposition to have it in the docs containing the linguistic
> versions.

How about a relationship "REL=parallel-translation," with the implied
meaning that the linked document has exactly the same ID attributes?

Dave Raggett once proposed a SPOT element (in HTML 3.0
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html3/), to be able to attach an ID to
a place in a document. Maybe we should reconsider that element.

Bert