Re: Volunteer translators needed for Unicode Conference Web pages

From: Marion Gunn <mgunn@ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 17:07:17 +0000
To: iso10646@listproc.hcf.jhu.edu, Unicore <unicore@unicode.org>, Unicode <unicode@unicode.org>, www-international <www-international@www10.w3.org>, wg-i18n terena <WG-I18N@terena.nl>
Cc: misha.wolf@reuters.com
>The text to be translated is:
>
>   Europe, Software + the Internet: Going Global with Unicode
>
>   Register now for the Tenth International Unicode Conference, to be
>   held on March 10-12, 1997, in Mainz, Germany.  The Conference will
>   bring together industry-wide experts on the global Internet and
>   Unicode, internationalization and localization, implementation of
>   Unicode in operating systems and applications, fonts, text layout,
>   and multilingual computing.

Here it is in Irish Gaelic, Misha. To avoid the danger of having acute
accents mangled in transit, as sometimes happens to my signature address, I
am using the GAELIC-L list (estab. 1989) convention of placing a slash (/)
directly after the vowel to which the acute accent belongs (and YES, some
words in the text set out below DO begin with a lower-case letter or two
followed by an upper-case letter, with no space in between (to substitute
for that Irish spelling convention the English/American/French/German
convention would be absolutely WRONG). Sounds like a great conference.
Would love to attend. mg

START OF TRANSLATION

An Eoraip, Earra Bog + an tIdirghre/asa/n: Gre/asa/nu/ Domhanda le hUnicode

Cla/raigh anois don Deichiu/ Comhdha/il Idirna/isiu/nta de chuid Unicode, a
bheidh ar siu/l 10-12 Ma/rta 1997, i Mainz na Gearma/ine. Tabharfaidh an
Chomhdha/il seo daoine le che/ile ata/ eolach ar gach gne/ den tionscal --
ar an Idirghre/asa/n domhanda, ar Unicode, ar aistriu/ agus ar cho/iriu/
a/itiu/il earra bhoig, ar fheidhmiu/ Unicode i gco/rais oibre agus i
bhfeidhmchla/ir, ar chlo/fhoirne, ar leagan amach te/acs, agus ar
ri/omhaireacht ilteangach i gcoitinne.

END OF TRANSLATION

Marion Gunn, Everson Gunn Teoranta
Gutháin:  +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396
http://www.indigo.ie/egt
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)