Re: Accept-Charset support

From: Martin J. Duerst <mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:22:28 +0100 (MET)
To: "Peter O.B. Mikes" <pom@llnl.gov>
cc: Klaus Weide <kweide@tezcat.com>, Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, www-international@w3.org, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Peter O.B. Mikes wrote:

>       Besides, character set is not function of a language,
>    math, APL, music, all have different need for character sets
>    and character sets mixtures which can exceed 10646

Math is a different issue. It was in the HTML 3.0 proposal, and some
people I guess are still working at it. It needs its own special
description. The same applies to music of course. Thinking about a
score as a text doesn't make sense in technical terms.
As for APL, there has been ample work to make sure it is covered.
If you know about something that is not covered, please submit
that to Unicode and your national standard body.

Regards,	Martin.