Re: Accept-Charset support

From: Klaus Weide <kweide@tezcat.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:41:56 -0600 (CST)
To: "Peter O.B. Mikes" <pom@llnl.gov>
cc: www-international@w3.org
On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Peter O.B. Mikes wrote:
> Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Klaus Weide wrote:
> >

> > > Example of a site where documents are provided in several charsets
> > > (all for the same language):
> > > see <URL: http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/htbin/codepage>.
> >
> > The list is impressive. It becomes less impressive if you realize
> > that all (as far as I have checked) the English pages and some
> > of the Check pages (MS Cyrillic/MS Greek/MS Hebrew,...) are just
> > plain ASCII,
>
> 	And even less impressive when one finds out that
> not a single page Displays the 'diacritics' correctly,
> even when one selects Latin-2 encoding in the Netscape 3.

You seem to have a problem with your browser there.  Those diacritics
look just fine to me.  And I don't understand why one would have to
"select Latin-2 encoding" in Netscape 3, or even what selecting an
encoding means - that server TELLS what encoding it is using.

>   Why is that? Are the experts building an Edsel?

You should probably ask those who built your browser?

   Klaus