Re: Accept-Charset support

From: Erik van der Poel <erik@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 09:53:28 -0800
To: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
CC: Alan Barrett/DUB/Lotus <Alan_Barrett/DUB/Lotus.LOTUSINT@crd.lotus.com>, www-international <www-international@w3.org>, bobj <bobj@netscape.com>, wjs <wjs@netscape.com>, Ed Batutis/CAM /Lotus <Ed_Batutis/CAM/Lotus@crd.lotus.com>
> What I was trying to convey was that we had talked ourselves round to
> agreeing that Accept-Charset was essential otherwise how does the server
> know what to send?

Well, I see your point. I will neither agree nor disagree at this point.
We are currently discussing Accept-Charset here at Netscape. Some of our
team members are also reading this email. Hopefully, some of them will
respond.

UI is needed for Accept-Charset. I am also concerned about "q". For
Unicode, it might mean giving a low "q" since most environments cannot
support *all* of Unicode. Also, the bit mask idea was just that: an
idea. I'm not religiously bound to it.

Over and out for now...

Erik