Re: Internationalized CLASS attributes

From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Date: 18 Oct 1996 16:01:07 +0100
To: bbos@mygale.inria.fr
Cc: www-international@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
   So it appears that case-conversions are language dependent. That's
   why, for example, there is setlocale() in POSIX. But is it practical
   to make the case rules for CLASS dependent on the language? Where
   would you get the language from?

   Or do we change the interpretation of CLASS, and say that it is just a
   code (class=xyz12, class=p-89x), that doesn't have to be
   human-readable? In that case ASCII is all we need.

CLASS ought to be an IDREF.

///Peter