Re: Internationalized CLASS attributes

From: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:10:09 +0200 (DST)
To: Martin J Duerst <mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch>, rosenne@NetVision.net.il (Jonathan Rosenne), www-international@w3.org
On Oct 17, 11:31am, Martin J Duerst wrote:

> There are other, related cases of equivalence. [...]
> Even less of a concern are compatibility ligatures. They should rarely
> if ever be used when creating HTML.

I agree. However, people using a GUI tool do not necessarily see or
understand which character positions their software has used to
represent their text. They just type some letters. So, yes, such
'characters' should not be used in HTML class attributes.

That was why I raised the issue - more as a notification to developers.

+33 93 65 79 87            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France